View Savings Rates
Purchase or Renew a Certificate Online
Tips on Managing your Checking Account
Welcome to our online Share / Savings Center! Be sure to check out our current investment returns.
Your savings at the Credit Union will often be referred to as "shares." The term "shares" defines your ownership role in the Credit Union. As a "shareholder" you are entitled to have a say in how the Credit Union is run.
Every quarter (January, April, July, October) you will receive an account statement. It will include your dividend which is posted on the first day of each quarter. This "dividend" is set by the Board of Directors at their monthly meeting. The current declared dividends are posted on the rate board in the Credit Union and in the quarterly newsletter.
The day-to-day savings program at the Credit Union features:
Saving at your Credit Union is easier than at a bank. When you save in your share or savings account, you earn quarterly dividends. If you want money, you can withdraw it in person. If that's not convenient, you can ask the Credit Union to send you a check (which is always mailed out that same day). You can also transfer money from one account to another by phone, or with CU Connect. Simple as that!
- High dividend rates
- Day-to-day availability of funds
- Free life insurance on savings between $500 and $2,000
- Deposit insurance up to $250,000 per account guaranteed by the National Credit Union Administration
- Transfer capability to or from checking
As a member, you are eligible to open a fee-free checking account. There are no monthly fees, no minimum balance and no per check charges associated with this account. Plus you receive your first box of checks free. Your checks will arrive by mail within 7 - 10 days.
As a share draft account holder, you may request an ATM card or Visa debit card. Your ATM card allows you 24 hour access, worldwide at ATMs displaying the Cirrus, Cartel and MoneyMaker logos.
Enjoy the added benefit of five (5) free withdrawals or inquiries per month at any ATM.
Your VISA debit card is accessible at ATMís and any participating merchant that accepts VISA. Your transaction will be immediately drawn from your checking account.
All transactions will be listed on your monthly statement.
Your credit union checking/share draft account works like most other checking accounts. However, there are some real advantages:
*Other fees may apply
- No monthly service charge*
- No minimum balance
- Duplicate format checks
- No per check charge
- Itemized monthly statements
- Automatic payroll deduction
- Overdraft check protection
- ATM or Visa debit card
An IRA is a must for a better retirement. Your credit Union IRA is an open-ended savings account (no term commitment). These accounts have several excellent features:
- Variable rate
- For you and your spouse (even if he or she is not working)
- Fully insured
- Dividends are credited quarterly
Early withdrawals are subject to IRS penalties.
Money Market Accounts
A Money Market Account is a great way to save money, with a low $2,500 opening deposit. You get a lot of pluses with your Credit Union:
- Deposit of $50,000 or more is required for the highest rate
- Higher than bank or fund rates
- No penalty charges for withdrawal
- Insured up to $250,000
- Three transactions per month
- Monthly statements
- Dividends are credited monthly
Our Share Certificates come in all sizes:
- 6-11 Months ($500 minimum dep.)
- 12-29 Months ($500 minimum dep.)
- 30-59 Months ($500 minimum dep.)
- 60 Months / 5 Year ($500 minimum dep.)
Rates are based on weekly changes in Treasury Bill auctions. History proves that your Credit Union has consistently paid higher Annual Percentage Yields over the last five years. There is a substantial penalty for early withdrawal from the principal of all certificates.